Thursday, June 2, 2011

first day of everything

I actually have a bit of time to write about my first day as I seem to have 20 minutes to spare before I have to leave for the beginning of day two.


First moment of awkwardness at the country club: After parking my car I realize I have no idea which door to go in. This results in me standing looking lost in the parking lot and eventually darting for the loading dock door (I figure I know I'm not supposed to go in the front door-that's right I'm the help, not the member aka class divisions are still alive and well in Southern Wisconsin). Well I get inside and I am completely lost. This is because although I was given a tour it was when I was (to be blunt) really hungover from going out for Samwise's graduation and had just driven the 3 hours (construction) from Point. So I didn't remember any of it. Panicking I run to the offices (ok I didn't literally run, but I walked really fast), find an adult and she leads me upstairs to the kitchen where I walked right into the middle of the pre-dinner meeting where the entire wait-staff gave a once over (I wasn't in uniform yet) and it was not pleasant. The meeting ended right about then and I begged someone to show me the locker room where I changed and going back to the kitchen find that they make us dinner (YEAH no more pb&j in the car!). This is when I start getting pretty fucking terrified as well I've never served before and no one seemed to be understanding that I had no idea what the fuck was going on or where to be or what anything was. Then lucky for me I found a girl who was cussing up a storm and essentially I latched onto her (her bluntness "I'm not serving that woman she is a ho" and potty mouth endeared her to me), peppered her with questions and then found out who was training me.



The girl training me: LOVE her, she was spazzy (up working another job since 5am, SEE I'm not the only crazy one here people I was only up at 8am working), hilarious, sarcastic, nice and really good at explaining things.



(gotta leave now so this story will be continued in another post about all the crazy shit that happened to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment