Although last night I was in quite a ranty-type mood over the waitressing I feel quite indifferent about it all at this point. Ok well just one quick observation/rant: by far the worse part about being a waitress is not shockingly enough the bitchy women snapping their fingers at you for attention and the snooty men expecting you to remember some overly complex drink (put down that vodka gimlet with 2 olives and a lime and be a man and order a glass of fine whisky or scotch on the rocks-that i will remember). The worst part about waitressing is the co-workers. There are of course a few stellar people I enjoy working with, but for now let's just forget about those lovely people and focus on the shitty ones. If they are not just standing around being useless or making a fucking mess (put your damn dishes on the dirty dishes tray NOT in front of the computer, gah!) they are bitching about how we can't leave yet. Hey what if you stop complaining and actually DO the work and then we could go home, what a novel concept. Or there is just mass miscommunication between what actually needs to get done and no one knows the answer. It is so so so so so frustrating to ask simple questions like where are the table clothes we need and have no one answer resulting in me wandering around in aimless circles of angst. Oh yeah and getting dirty dish water splashed all over my hands/shirt is truly my worst nightmare. Phew.
Ok I am done ranting because I had a really lovely moment last night. So one of my greatest paranoias at this job is that I won't be able to handle carrying one of those giant trays and will subsequently drop all the food/dishes on a member and get fired. Therefore when I successfully carried one full of dirty dishes with just one hand without dropping it I was really excited. But more importantly the guy who was training me and spent time trying to teach me how to do said carrying saw me doing it and gave me a thumbs up. I was ridiculously proud and simultaneously ashamed that I was so proud of such a thing.
There is nothing of note to report from the internship: I get to read historical documents and drink coffee and talk about how wonderful theater is. It is just plain great.
No comments:
Post a Comment