This is when I first biffed it in a major way. Their son had an ice cream cone that was melting while he was off playing and they asked me to put it in a freezer. Well I did that, but when I went to get it I foolishly tried to pick it up by the plate I had set it on. This is when it fell off the plate onto the ground. My train of thought "SHIT! shit shit shit shit shit, where is that ginger to help fix it?!oh crap oh crap oh crap. Why do I have this job?! gah!" Then I mentally slapped myself, picked it up off the ground, put it back on the plate and walked over to the table. I didn't tell them it fell, luckily it was melted beyond repair anyway so I told them I would just get another and bolted. My flight instincts are on fire these days.
Second biff wasn't my fault. The hostess never told us we had a third table so we never went over there and the guy got super pissed, complained and we got yelled at. It was scary. This lead to ever more ass kissing and hyper attention to make sure he didn't have to wait anymore.
Then after everyone was gone we had a set up to do in the main dining room and it was by far the worst part of the night. The entire wait staff was just standing around bitching while a few were actually working and it was crazy frustrating as I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Then it was finally over and I got to sleep.
Final assessment: even though I was essentially wearing orthopedic shoes my feet hurt like a bitch, not blister or cuts just more of a throbbing/on fire/aching kind of pain that didn't go away when I took off the shoes. I don't think my feet will ever recover from this job. Generally I'm just tired as all hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment