Tuesday, June 28, 2011

she can't help how adorable she is

Precursor: this story is not nearly as good written down as it doesn't include the "oh my god I like to flip my hair and sound idiotic" voice that I so love to imitate.

I waitress with a girl who is a self-proclaimed adorable girl that everyone loves (she is 19 years old going on 15 I'd say). When I say self-proclaimed I literally mean I was in her physical presence when she said this, "I don't know, I think it's like just that I'm really pretty and nice so boys get these crushes on me really easily and I'm like I don't know what to do because I'm too nice to be like mean to them." YEAH. I mean how does one react to a person that says things like that? I just walked away, I see denial of her existence in my reality as the best way to keep an optimistic view of the world.

It gets better.

She spent this entire week subjecting me to her gushing about how attractive the host is. (Sidenote: he isn't that attractive. He is tall but he is not rugged/lumberjacky aka there is no way he could fix faulty pipes or cut down a tree. But he is quite funny so he is one of the two people that make waitressing bareable.) Literally the moment he walks away she stops mid-sentence of whatever inane thing she was telling me and says every single time "oh my god his ass is so hot" or "oh my god can you believe how cute he is" or "oh my god seriously how cute is his butt?" I respond with indifferent mumbles and walk away. I will not indulge such silly behavior.

Up until recently I hadn't said anything against her to Hunter aka the male host with the alleged nice ass because he seemed to enjoy the attention/think she was in fact as adorable as she declared herself to be. This was quite frustrating for me as I very much wanted someone to make fun of her with. Well what happened recently is this; she especially pissed me off one day so when she left the waitstation I starting ranting about her i.e. "I'm annelise and I'm adorable oh my god everyone loves me what am I to do, I'm so cute" barf. Well this is when Hunter laughed and started also making fun of her. It was delightful. So now I have a fellow sarcastic person to make fun of people with and it makes this waitressing a little bit more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment