Saturday, June 11, 2011

it's Friday Friday

Today I successfully managed to forget my socks at home so had to rush from the internship to my house to change super fast (in my haste I manage to stub my toe, knock some things over and liter my room with clothing/stuff) and run out the door to get to work. Half way to work I thought I forgot my name tag, resulting in a 5 minute frantic phone call to my brother and search of my purse, only to realize it was in my pocket. All of this adds up to hopefully convey a certain frantic/stressed out mind. But it is Friday so I put that most awesomely bad song on my iPod, rolled down the windows and blasted that shit two times on my drive to work.

Emotions felt when listening to "Friday"
1. Annoyed at the auto-tuned awfulness of it all
2. Stupid as the lyrics say nothing but simply stating obvious facts lik 'tomorrow is Saturday'
3. Ridiculously happy as it is so bad it makes me giggle incessantly
4. Like dancing as its simplicity is so damn catchy that I can't help but jump up and down
5. Embarassed that I ultimately really like it (shamed)
6. Finally just happy like how Robin Sparkles makes me happy-so kitchy/awful/basic that one can't help but revel in the possibilites to make fun of it

For all of these reasons; naturally I then had "Friday" stuck in my head while walking into work. And being me, I was singing it, which then caused the two gingers I work with to start singing it too since they love/hate it as well. Everyone else looked at us in disdain (sidenote moral: gingers just know what is good quality entertainment).

As the night progressed one of my closing duties was to check the garage door was closed and it is in a fenced in area blocked from view by everyone. Ergo when one of the gingers aka Jenny showed me where it was we closed the door and had a mini dance party while singing 'Friday'.

Then we got cut early so we went to a bar down the road, got beers and bitched about work/talked about her impending wedding (I swear I draw gingers and the engaged like moths to a flame).

Twas a lovely Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment