Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm just bored

I have not yet started my internship or job, but I am quite bored as the forthcoming stories will explain and seeing as it is 9:40pm I don't want to go to bed (that's early even for me). So my day:

Precursor: my parents moved all of my stuff home while I was spending last week building the paper sculpture so I came home Saturday to a room I couldn't even walk into it was so full of boxes and the spare bedroom was the same. Excited to unpack? I think NOT. So I successfully procrastinated the entirety of Saturday making only a path to my bed by shoving things out of the way. This of course presented the problem in the morning of having to begin the unpacking in a serious kind of way.

Today: With these facts in mind and free time dwindling away, I began unpacking/repacking yesterday intensely. This type of thing i.e. change/ending of things/major life decisions, puts me in a funk of epic proportions so this morning I decided to finally go buy those black dress pants I need for waitressing (orthopedic shoes are already acquired). Well when I got to the mall I may or may not have taken a wrong turn and instead of heading directly for New York and Company and a speedy shopping trip I ended up in Old Navy and then H&M and then the Gap and well some damage was done. Honestly I never understood the concept of retail therapy before, but after this shopping spree that left me lugging 3 relatively large bags down the entire length of the mall I was nothing but giddy (sidenote for Dane dane: I bought a gold tank top-I couldn't help myself, it was on super sale at Gap and I wanted to be disgusted by it but was just completely in love with it. I blame you in the best possible way). Anyway this is the point where I was mentally prepared to quickly buy those black dress pants and get out of the mall (I went when it opened to avoid the people and this was now being thwarted by the excessive amount of time I spent buying everything except the main objective). So I get to New York and Company and BAM no dress pants to be found. Yeah. Standing there in wide-eyed disbelief I eventually came to and left. At this point I went to every single women's clothing store searching for long or tall pants and nothing was to be found. It is also the time when I realized it is May and not the season for dress pants. Well jeez people what kind of outrageous assumption is that, that women only where dresses/skirts to work in the summer?! What a bunch of bull crap. I did end up finding a pair in JcPenny, but I don't particularly like them. Actually that isn't necessarily true, I think I'm just bitter that I spent an entire hour scouring the mall for just one pair to try on. Honestly.

Shopping trip over: I returned home with a vengeance to organize my renewed bad mood away. It worked. Now I only have a bit more to do and I'm completely unpacked/repacked for the fall. And here is something random that I realized today: I have way to many pillows. It's obscene-I spend at least 5 minutes twice a day putting them on and off my bed because I can barely sit on it there are so many pillows. Where does one acquire so many pillows?! There are officially 15 medium sized pillows and a body pillow on my bed. I currently relocating them to new homes in different rooms.

Ok I will now stop writing random shit from day that is entirely of no consequence. At least it's 10pm now-a slightly more acceptable bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment