Wednesday, August 11, 2010

so much can happen in 15 minutes

Today Amanda left on her break and left me to work next to Leslie, who began a lengthy story about how her grandson was in the hospital with an allergic reaction to some mosquito bites. Then who comes over but Juan aka the 30-something-guy she told to ask me out and starts talking to her. When he walked away I was ready for her to make me feel awkward as hell but shocker, she started right back into the story where she left off so I thought I was home free from further awkwardness. Foolish me. A few minutes later he came back. They chatty-chatted for a bit then he left and she turned to me and said "You missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime" I was like "Leslie, he's really too old for me" and she said "Hmmm well see that's what great about Juan he doesn't care about age (sidenote: oh really the older man doesn't care how young the girl is, well duh) or size, he cares about what's inside." Then she went on to tell me her entire relationship history.

The awkwardness continued later on when she came over to me and Amanda and said "So guess what Ray (her fiance in jail for drugdealing) and me were talking about last night, he wants to have a kid when he gets out of jail. God damn I'm 47 years old and I'm fixed so I'd have to get unfixed and I told him hell no." Amanda responded with "and your kid would probably have down syndrome" and I nodded and advised against it. Ok I kind of loved how uncomfortable this was to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment