Friday, August 27, 2010

Last day last day, ho-rah-rah

Precursor: I spent this week in a fog of sickness as the result from Dane dane's most epic bachelorette party on Saturday. It's not so much that I was hung over as that I stopped sleeping, I slept 1 hour Saturday night, 3 hours the next and 4 hours the next. It as wretched and I just kind of sat in a daze at work with a pulsing headache and feelings of imminent vomit.

Story: Today was my last day and it was glorious (we don't think about how I'll be working there next summer...). Every moment was better than the last with the sweet feelings of being closer to the final minutes of my life as an assembly line worker approaching. Leslie gave me a huge hug and invited me and Amanda to her wedding to the guy from prison next summer when he's out (I think I'm going to have to go just to witness such an odd event, but I'm going to need a bodyguard so I don't get kidnapped, molested, drugged or any many of other horrifying possibilities that seem to accompany this woman). Then the day ended and we ran out of there, into the locker room where we hugged all the ladies because they love us and we tasted the sweet sweet freedom of the outdoors and a future where I never have to enter that monotonous place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment