Friday, August 27, 2010

Dana monopolized me

I actually have a legitimate excuse as to why I have been so lacking in updates:

1. Dana's bachelorette and bridal shower was last weekend and I came home from work every day last week to an email from her, her mom and Jenna the other bridesmaid that needed attention and then I had all the crafty things to finish which I had procrastinated (shocker). So I was on super get wedding stuff done mode.

2. I'm working on the Jensen line with my favorite ginger so there really is barely anything of note because there aren't a bunch of crazy people running around and I've been so stressed that I spent most of my days zoning out or hashing out creative wedding ideas with Amanda or having her calm me down that it would all turn out ok.


***THE PAST 2 1/2 WEEKS***
Essentially what has become of me is that I have lost my bloody mind, but so has Amanda so I don't feel so freakish in my fall to madness. This resulted in us bursting into fits of hysterical laughter over the ridiculous things we would dream up, example:

I decided (with your encouragement mandy man) that my life in Point would be made significantly easier if I knew how to ride a bicycle so I decided to ask my friend Becky to show me how. Well when I told the ginger about this she got really excited and started imaginary a scenario to which I voiced my concerns that I would fall over and die. She then said that the worst that could happen was I run into a tree branch, poke my eye out and have to wear an eye patch (one guy working on the line this week has an eye patch). This mental image set us both off into delirious laughter and the tears started rolling down my cheeks and then Leslie wiped them away while shaking her head in confusion.

Another particular occasion when I was getting really excited last Friday about Dana's impending bachelorette party and started singing 'Bad Romance' and dancing around during the last hour when we were broken for 15 minutes. Then Leslie yelled at me to stop dancing and put the leg of my table back on and I said I didn't know how and what does she expect out of me I'm not a mechanic (sidenote: me and Leslie have a relationship where she will pretend to yell at me to do something to which I petulantly refuse, then we glare at each other and then burst into laughter and make faces at each other. don't judge me). Then she yells "Just stick it in and screw it!" to which I respond "That's what she said" and fall to the floor giggling. Then eye-patchy says, "She probably never been screwed like that before" which caused me to laugh even harder and blush and get the same reaction from Amanda. It was ridiculous.

That's pretty much it-I've gone insane. Done and done.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH This is the best post ever :)ha you are so cute. and I am SO pumped that you are going to learn to ride a bike! I love riding bikes and so will you! I can just see you with an adorable old-fashioned bike with a little basket and fresh flowers from the farmers market flopping all around :) cute image! keep the posts coming even though you're not working there anymore.

    ReplyDelete