Saturday, July 10, 2010

the sweat reaches new epic proportions

The past two weeks are a blur of awfulness. It's been so hot that I start sweating the moment I open the door to the floor I work on, the fan just blows the hot air around and my jeans are adhered to my skin within the first hour of work. As if that's not awful enough I've got Jason looking at me, being all creepy and not talking at all. One day we were short people so he had to work directly next to me and honestly if this was the hottest guy I'd ever met I would dislike him immensely after this day-he is a terrible worker, he moves in slow motion, falls asleep, never stands up and is just a big giant lump of useless, sweaty, creepy maleness. It's just awful because I look/feel disgusting and because of him I feel super self-conscience and just blech. It sucks. Anyway the other terrible part of these two weeks is that we keep missing people-one morning this line that takes four workers on my side ran with only me and the spanish lady for an hour, then the shift supervisor came and worked next to me and I could practically feel his anger seeping from this pores. I felt bad for the guy, not only are his workers not showing up but the we are still trying to catch up all the product we didn't make last week because the machine was so broken.

Another crappy thing is that they each week we got a new person to train. Training is terrible because I just want to get the work done as quickly and with the least amount of bruises incurred as is possible and with a newby running around we have to work twice as hard to make sure they don't fuck up and break the machine. It's just frustrating and exhausting and hot and sweaty and there has been no one to make me laugh so I just sit and zone out.

In summation this job has taken ahold of my sanity and up till now was just batting it around like a cat and mouse and now it has taken a firm grasp and is beating it into a tiny ball of crazy. By the end of the day I sometimes run around giggling hysterically about being free.

1 comment: